The Club at Ibis
8225 Ibis Blvd
West Palm Beach
Position Start Dates:
Quarter 2 (April - June)
Parent Company Name (If Applicable):
The Club at Ibis
*Corporate Housing available at no cost for the duration of internship!
The Ibis F&B Summer Internship is designed to give selected participants the tools they need to accelerate their career and succeed as future leaders in hospitality. This is true for any young professional seeking hands-on, real world experience to prepare them for a management level position in the resort, hotel, and most specifically private country club industry. In addition to operational exposure and training, Interns will be provided training, one-on-one coaching and mentorship, and provided with regular individual feedback throughout the program.
At Ibis, we recognize that our future success is based on creating a continuous learning environment – not only for our current employees, but for future hospitality professionals. We achieve this goal through offering internal and external leadership development programs. As part of this initiative, we are committed to empowering our employees through industry education and training. We also actively seek top talent for all areas of our operations. One of our best resources for locating high potential, up-and-coming talent is through our partnerships with the world’s top college and university hospitality programs.
- Program Mentorship
- Industry Education & Training
- Rotational Operations-Based Learning
- Seminars & Offsite Learning
- Area Country Club Tours & Networking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides outstanding service with a smile to our members and their guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greets members and guests in all areas of the Club and dining room with warm smile, eye contact, and use of Member's last name.
- Trains and performs essential job duties in several segments of the F&B department, including restaurant operations and special events.
- Learns line staff functions, operations, and company policies that affect each phase of business.
- Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Follows proper steps of service as designated for each individual outlet.
- Knows all menus and bar items. Takes drink and food orders accurately by confirming preferences/modifiers. Enters the order into POS with use of correct table and seat numbers and member account.
- Prepares and delivers member's checks. Confirms member's name, photo, and signature with POS information.
- Remains productive throughout shift with opening/closing/running side work. Follows opening/closing side work procedures.
- Promotes Club activities to members.
- Displays teamwork and doing "whatever it takes" for our members and guests.
- Communicates to management any safety concerns or specific tools that are needed to enable them to do their job.
- Follows work schedule, calling out procedure, properly clocks in/out for breaks or leaving property.
- This position guide does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.