Mangos Tropical Cafe
Mangos Tropical Cafe, 900 Ocean Drive
Position Start Dates:
Parent Company Name (If Applicable):
Mangos Tropical Cafe
Summary of Position:
Promote, price, plan, coordinate and supervise the execution of all large party, banquet and event functions. Ensure that customer requirements and specs are adhered to and that functions run smoothly, efficiently and profitably. Seek new business for increased revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage and oversee the sales department.
· Direct and execute events and catering sales assignments.
· Oversee large events from start to finish.
· Monitor all contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage and special concession.
· Responsible for maximizing food and beverage revenues from assigned events by solicitation of affiliate business and up selling.
· Seek new business through concierge, hotels, networking events.
· Develop marketing strategies to increase revenue.
· Oversee all social media platforms to drive traffic and revenue.
· Effectively communicate to all departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group's needs while maintaining a good client relationship.
· Maintain strong client relations and ensure that the event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for the event planner and attendees.
· Monitor and manage space blocking according to contract utilizing information given by clients to maximize event revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
· Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., minimum revenue, guaranteed expectancy, special concessions and set up details.
· Communicate any changes and updated information to needed departments.
· Distribute BEOs for events 7 days prior to events.
· Responsible for obtaining and following up on leads and creating an administration system, following established operational and control procedures, in order to attract corporate and social business to our property and increase future sales.
· Maintains a complete understanding of our catering and restaurant items including the preparation process and costs; our banquet facilities and inventory and potential uses and set up of each; the capacity by square foot of each room, ceiling high outlets, audio visual equipment available, rental charge, etc.
· Ensures time spent on sales calls, sales blitz, and prospecting is maximized.
· Will maintain visible in local business, network events, and other relevant organizations.
· Creates and maintains Concierge Database, Deposit Calendars, and Reservations Program.
· Assists in creating the Catering Menus, Package, Theme Parties, etc.
· Prepare Quarterly Action Plans.
· Completes all other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President of Operations.
· Manage and oversee large holiday events such as New Years.
· Performs any and all other duties as assigned by Senior Manager and/or Executive of the company.
§ Be 21 years of age.
§ 5+ years experience in high volume hotel/restaurant sales and management experience.
§ Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of customers and staff.
§ Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least two years of front-of-the-house restaurant experience and/or banquet/event positions.
§ Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
§ Be able to reach, bend, stoop and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
§ Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
§ Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.