Wild Dunes Resort
5757 Palm Boulevard
Isle of Palms
Position Start Dates:
Quarter 3 (July - September), Year-Round
Parent Company Name (If Applicable):
Wild Dunes Resort
The Recreation Intern pay rate is $14.00 and often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression. S/he is responsible for guest registration, room assignments, key control responsibilities, and guest interaction. The Recreation Intern will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards. The Recreation Intern will strive to gain a global understanding of Recreation Operations from start to finish through working in a variety of positions within Recreation.
The Recreation Intern shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job Functions:
- Assist all Recreation outlets
- Program planning and facilitating our family crafts and other activities throughout the resort
- Assist with beach services and rentals
- Special program planning for holiday and seasonal needs
- Assist with booking swim lessons and pool use for guests and members
- Supervise pool area which includes opening/closing duties, check-in, maintenance, and upkeep
- The intern is also required to complete a special project; one which will give him/her supervisory and management-like responsibilities.
- Along with daily work shifts the intern is exposed to daily and weekly recreation meetings, exceptional customer service training, and one-on-one time with the Recreation Manager and Supervisors.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job, other duties as assigned, and standards outlined in the Wild Dunes Resort handbook.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Must be a current college student with an interest in hospitality
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests